Easy-to-read information about things that matter to you - staying well and healthy, staying mobile, activities near you, looking after a loved one, finances and benefits, if you think you or someone you know is being harmed or neglected ... Read more...
Man v Fat Football
Man v Fat is a unique men's weight loss programme! FREE 14 weeks football with 24 hour peer and professional support. Open to males in Westminster, Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington & Chelsea residents with a Body Mass Iindex (BMI) of 27.5 and above. Read more...
People who can help
People who can help
Whatever you want to do, concerns you have or support you need, there are a wealth of organisations and charities that can help. Have a look at what's available here. Read more...
For professionals
For Professionals
If you work or provide a service, paid or unpaid, in health and social care, we've got information and guidance about a number of procedures, resources and training initiatives. Read more...
Leaflets Library
Leaflets Library
Not everyone can, or wants, to use the internet. We have a series of leaflets which cover key issues which can be printed out and given to those residents that cannot access the internet. Read more...
Other useful websites
We cover a lot of information on People First but there are also other useful websites that can help you make informed choices about your health and well-being. Take a look at Ask Sara for instance .. Read more...

Your right to a healthy home

There are many potential health risks in the home that we need to be aware of. Under the Housing Act 2004 local councils have the power to enforce action to be taken by a landlord when there is a hazard.

Councils use the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) to assess homes for potential hazards. If a hazard is found the local authorities will either take action themselves or make sure the landlord does.

The Housing Act 2004 allows local councils to have power over private landlords and enables them to give notice to a landlord stating what needs to be done to rectify a hazard and when it has to be done by.

If you think there is a health hazard in your home, you should notify your landlord. If they do nothing, you should notify them again and alert them that you will be contacting the environmental health department if they do not make an effort to fix the hazard by a certain date.

If you feel that your landlord is not taking your concerns seriously then contact your local environmental health team:

If you think you need to take legal action to resolve an issue then you can get more information on our Obtaining legal advice page.

For more information advice about health issues in your home, visit our page on maintaining a healthy home.

Other information and advice


The Shelter charity offers information and advice on what to do if your rented home is in a poor state of repair.

Support for people in Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham

The Healthier Homes Project supports residents of Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham who live in homes where there are problems with cold, poor insulation or damp, dangerous electrical installations, broken steps or banisters, or other issues which could pose a risk to the health of residents.
They can offer information and advice, and in some cases may be able to access grants to help you to improve the condition of your home.


If you would like to receive independent advice on housing issues, or on benefits, legal issues, accessing care and support, your rights as a carer, and a range of other issues, then you can contact the Westminster Advice Services Partnership (WASP).