Date: Date T.B.D
The second annual Portobello Winter Festival combines Christmas festivities with the unique atmosphere of Portobello Road.
North Kensington is famous throughout the world for its street market, creative spirit, and of course, the Notting Hill Carnival. The Portobello Winter Festival will reflect all of this in a unique festive celebration that will see music fill the air, as families celebrate and shoppers pick up gifts unavailable anywhere else.
When: Saturday, 9 December - 10:00am to Sunday, 10 December - 6:00pm
Where: Portobello Road, North Kensington, London, W10 5QZ
Among the activities taking place will be:
- Festive street performances including steel pans, calypso and Moroccan performances, as well as some traditional Christmas favourites.
- Santa's grotto designed and managed by west London youth organisation EPIC CIC, with festive treats and live performances.
- Acklam Village winter makeover, which sees the distinctive venue in a bay under the Westway flyover host live festive performances with food, drink and more.
- A 'Made in London' market in Tavistock Square - the perfect spot to pick up unique Christmas gifts
- A "Hamper and Stockings" market on Sunday, where you can stock up on all your favourite and finest Christmas hamper treats, as well as be spoiled by an amazing choice of gifts to buy from quality, unique and wonderful designer & maker stalls.
The Festival opens to the public, Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th December and will be a wonderful Christmas experience in a way that only Portobello can deliver.
A Community Launch Party for the Winter Festival wil be held at Acklam Village Market on Friday 8 December from 5pm.
Nearest tube Ladbroke Grove