Easy-to-read information about things that matter to you - staying well and healthy, staying mobile, activities near you, looking after a loved one, finances and benefits, if you think you or someone you know is being harmed or neglected ... Read more...
Man v Fat Football
Man v Fat is a unique men's weight loss programme! FREE 14 weeks football with 24 hour peer and professional support. Open to males in Westminster, Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington & Chelsea residents with a Body Mass Iindex (BMI) of 27.5 and above. Read more...
Nominations open for Westminster Care Awards 2018
**The nomination deadline have been extended to midnight on Monday 22nd January** So say thank you to someone who cares and nominate them for a Care Award. Do you know someone who is looking after someone with a long-term illness or disability, or has provided outstanding support for carers? Please take a moment to recognise them, and let us know why they deserve a Care Award. Read more...
People who can help
People who can help
Whatever you want to do, concerns you have or support you need, there are a wealth of organisations and charities that can help. Have a look at what's available here. Read more...
For professionals
For Professionals
If you work or provide a service, paid or unpaid, in health and social care, we've got information and guidance about a number of procedures, resources and training initiatives. Read more...
Leaflets Library
Leaflets Library
Not everyone can, or wants, to use the internet. We have a series of leaflets which cover key issues which can be printed out and given to those residents that cannot access the internet. Read more...
Other useful websites
We cover a lot of information on People First but there are also other useful websites that can help you make informed choices about your health and well-being. Take a look at Ask Sara for instance .. Read more...

Volunteer Cars

If you live in Kensington and Chelsea or Westminster, and find it difficult to get out and about, Westway Community Transport can find a car with a trained volunteer driver who, for a small charge (see below), can take you where you want to go, such as on a trip to the shops or to see friends. This is the largest and most successful such scheme in London.


To use the scheme you will need to join Westway Community Transport's Services for Individuals for which there is an annual registration fee of £12. You will then only be charged for your journey, which you will be invoiced for and can then pay for by cheque or postal order.

Note that the £12 registration fee for their Services for individuals also allows you to use Westway Community Transport's other services - the Shopper service and the Mobility Scooters

To register call 020 8964 1114, Monday to Friday - calls are answered between 1p.m. and 4p.m. but at other times please leave a message - messages are checked throughout the working day.

Charges for individual journeys


Residents of Westminster will be expected to pay 25% towards the cost of each trip which is currently charged at £1.10 per mile and the remaining (75%) of the cost is subsidised by Westminster Council.  The mileage is calculated by our drivers who will note the start and end mileage of every trip, which we then enter into our bookings system and an invoice will be generated and sent out to you.

Kensington and Chelsea

For people in Kensington and Chelsea charges to travel with the car scheme are as follows:

  • Up to 2 miles £2.20

  • Up to 7 Miles £3.80

  • Up to 12 miles £7.60

  • Up to 20 miles £14.00

  • Over 20 miles, please call us for an estimate

Booking your journeys

Once registered, you can start booking your. Call 020 8964 1114 - calls are answered between 1p.m. and 4p.m. but at other times please leave a message - messages are checked throughout the working day.

Please give as much notice as possible when making your Community Car Scheme booking; the service is provided by volunteers and Westway CT will do their best to find a volunteer for your journey; however journeys cannot always be guaranteed. 

Someone to come with you

If you need someone to accompany you Westway CT will try to find a volunteer passenger assistant to help. All volunteers are interviewed, vetted and trained in 'passenger assistance disability awareness' as well as the use of some specialist equipment. You are also welcome to travel with a carer or someone else to assist you. 

Finding out more

You can find more information about the service for your local area:

Other information and advice

Transport for all are a campaigning group for disabled and older transport users