SHP Westminster Support
From: £0.00 To: £0.00 per hour from SHP (Single Homeless Project)
Westminster Support is a specialist housing-related floating support service to people throughout Westminster who have a range of mental health problems, from Single Homeless Project (SHP).
Their aim is to provide support to individuals across the borough, including those in temporary accommodation.
- Providing advice and assistance with managing rent arrears, threat of eviction and accessing legal advice
- Promoting independence through enhancing living skills, cleaning, cooking and budgeting
- Liaising with housing providers, landlords and Housing Benefit departments.
- Developing positive neighbourhood relationships, helping to reduce antisocial behaviour issues.
- Providing practical support, including decoration, handyperson jobs and shopping
- Promoting health and well-being
- Maximising income, through benefits advice and supporting applications for grants and loans
- Advocating for clients - liaising with other professionals involved, working in partnership with community mental health teams (CMHTs) and housing assessment services
- Supporting access to education, employment, training and volunteering, including group work and activities programmes
- Support planning, providing allocated key workers, drop-ins and community surgeries
This service is for anyone living in Westminster who is:
- Aged 18 or above
- Assessed as having a severe and enduring mental illness
- Either allocated to a CMHT or accepted by Housing Options as being homeless and mentally vulnerable.
They accept referrals from CMHTs and other specialist housing and MH services.
Tel 020 7084 7297
Freephone 0800 840 8348
Fax 020 7799 4844
Additional search tags : Single Homeless Project (SHP). Mental Health Floating Support Service, mental health, floating support