SHP Westminster Support
Westminster Support is a specialist housing-related floating support service to people throughout Westminster who have a range of mental health problems.
Our aim is to provide a high quality and responsive service to individuals who reside in a mixture of tenures across the borough, including temporary accommodation.
- Providing advice and assistance with managing rent arrears, threat of eviction and accessing legal advice
- Promoting independence through enhancing living skills, cleaning, cooking and budgetingLiaising with housing providers, landlords and Housing Benefit departments.
- Developing positive neighbourhood relationships, helping to reduce antisocial behaviour issues.
- Providing practical support, including decoration, handyperson jobs and shopping
- Promoting health and well-being, dignity, respect and social inclusionMaximising income, through benefits advice and supporting applications for grants and loans
- Advocating for clients - liaising with other professionals involved, working in partnership with community mental health teams (CMHTs) and housing assessment services
- Supporting access to education, employment, training and volunteering, including group work and activities programmes
- Support planning, providing allocated key workers, drop-ins and community surgeries
This service is for anyone living in Westminster who is:
- Aged 18 or above
- Assessed as having a severe and enduring mental illness
- Either allocated to a CMHT or accepted by Housing Options as being homeless and mentally vulnerable.
We accept referrals from CMHTs and other specialist housing and mental health services. Assessments will be joint where possible.
If you are unsure as to whether the service is suitable, please contact us. We are always happy to discuss any potential referrals and indicate whether we can offer a service or suggest alternatives.
T 020 7084 7297
Free 0800 840 8348
F 020 7799 4844