IMPORTANT NOTICE: Information on this website is subject to change at short notice due to the current Covid-19 pandemic.

Please click here for information and advice about the current COVID-19 outbreak and how to get help from your council, as well as other sources of information and support. You can also offer to volunteer.

Organisation details

Warm Homes Advice Service (WCC)

A Warm Homes Advice Service is available, in the City of Westminster, and will be provided by a company called Groundwork. Following receipt of a referral, Green Doctors will visit the occupant to provide energy advice, small measures (draught proofing/changing light-bulbs), and potentially larger measures e.g. insulation.

The service is available to anyone over the age of 65, on a low income or who has a long-term health condition or disability. The Green Doctors will also explain how to make your home energy efficient, install energy saving devices and offer impartial advice on switching energy providers. 

The City of Westminster also has a Home Improvement Agency, which supports residents to maintain independence and live comfortably and safely in their own homes. This includes providing assistance with repairs, improvements and adaptations in your home as well as specific grants for helping victims of burglary and domestic violence.