In order to be eligible for carer's credit, you'll need to satisfy the following conditions:
- You must be aged 16 years or over
- You aren't yet being paid a state pension
- You'll need to be caring for someone for at least 20 hours as week
- You don't qualify for carer's allowance (this is a separate form of benefit - carer's allowance means you'll already be automatically getting carer's credits)
- The individual you're caring for receives disability allowances or payments, or a health or social worker has 'signed off' your application if the individual you're caring for does not receive any disability allowances or payments.