Directory Search - People
Homes4Health is a free service for eligible residents in Kensington and Chelsea support them in having a comfortable and healthy home.
Free home visits by Green Doctors to eligible residents (eligibility criteria below) with key elements as follows:
- Tailored energy efficiency advice and guidance about saving energy and reducing fuel bills whilst keeping warm in your home.
- Advice on using the heating controls in your home, and ensuring they are set appropriately for the needs of your household.
- Fitting/installing FREE small energy and water saving measures/devices (which are easy-to-install) such as LED lightbulbs, basic draft proofing around windows and doors, radiator reflective panels and aerating taps and showerheads which will affect the energy efficiency. All the measures will be discussed with you before they are fitted, and nothing will be fitted without your consent.
- Refer residents for larger measures (such as loft, cavity wall insulation and boiler upgrades) ensuring long term sustainable solutions to eradicate fuel poverty and its negative health implications. These will help reduce the energy bills.
- Green Doctors will provide Free Seasonal Stay Warm Pack to help residents stay warm whilst still realising bill savings - this will consist of a snuggle blanket, temperature card, thermos mug, warm gloves, hat and socks.
- Further help on how to maximise use of fuel discounts by claiming benefits and applying for debt assistance to access help from energy companies, such as the Warm Home Discount/Priority and sign up for Priority Services Register (£140).
- Offer impartial advice on switching fuel companies to save money - guidance on gas and electricity tariffs, best fuel tariffs available if you want to change to a new supplier and payment methods.
- Improve resident understanding of utility bills by 1-2-1 advice and helping residents through an energy bill switching service enabling them to access cheaper fuel.
- RBKC Healthier Homes Scheme Referral.
- Onward referrals to improve health and wellbeing, and reduce fuel poverty.
- Provide a gateway for other related services by connecting residents to home, home safety, and health and well-being services.
- Integrated 1-1 behaviour advice to embed long-term change and further improve health and finance.
- Help with social isolation.
Eligibility Criteria for Healthier Homes Green Doctors:
- Aged 16-25 and on a low income
- Over 65
- On a low income, pregnant or with children under 14
- Young parents aged under 35 on low income
- Respiratory or cardiovascular disease on low income
- Severe mental illness or dementia
- Multiple health issues, physical disability or suffering from long term
More information can be found at:
If you need further information on the Home4Health scheme run by The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, please contact Environment@rbkc.gov.uk
Additional search terms: Green doctor, Greendoctor, Greendoctors, home check, winter bills, winter fuel
- Tel: 0300 365 5003
- Email: GreenDoctorsLDN@groundwork.org.uk
- Website: www.rbkc.gov.uk/environment/climate-change/free-home-energy-service-homes4health
- Event Image: Image