Text size:

Complaints and feedback to your council

Making a complaint about adult social care or thanking them for their help

If you receive support which is arranged or paid for by your local council then your views on the service you receive are important to them. Your council are committed to providing high quality services for local people. Hearing your views will help them to ensure that they are providing the right kind of services, and that these services are of a high quality.

There is one Customer Engagement Team working on behalf of the Adult Social Care teams in Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea. You can contact them by:

  • Completing the tear-off section from the leaflets below and send to the freepost address, which means you do not need a stamp

  • Tel - 0800 587 0072

  • Emailing:-

  • Writing to: Customer Engagement Team, Adult Social Care, 12th Floor, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP

  • In person - if you would prefer to meet us face to face then please contact us using one of the above methods and we will make an appointment with you

It is also useful for your council to hear from you when they get things right. Your compliment will help them to be sure they are delivering services of the highest standard.

The customer feedback team will provide you with a helpful service ensuring that there is no impact on your current service provision or any future decision about the service you receive. To ensure this, we will:

  • go through the details of your comment or complaint and agree a reasonable date for response
  • provide you with support if you need help to make a comment or complaint
  • explain the complaints process to you
  • write to you within three working days to let you know who is handling your complaint
  • take your comment or complaint seriously and make sure you receive a full and fair response
  • let you know if we need more time and agree an alternative timescale with you
  • put things right for you if we can and learn from any mistakes to improve our services
  • advise and support you if your complaint is about another body acting on our behalf.

Please note that the usual time limit for making your complaint is 12 months from the date you became aware of the problem.

Each of the councils has produced an information leaflet with more details on the complaint and feedback process, and has made available the latest report giving details of how many complaints are received, and how these are dealt with.


Kensington and Chelsea

Other information and advice

The Healthwatch website contains advice on making a complaint to the NHS, to your local council's Adult Social Care team, and to other organisations.

The Which website offers advice on how to spot poor standards of care from home care agencies, and on how to make a complaint if you are not happy with the care you receive.

Last updated: 17/08/2021