This page gives useful contacts and links to help and advice during the current Covid-19 pandemic.
Guidance and Support from central government:
Latest government information:
Advice from your borough
- Kensington and Chelsea dedicated web portal
- Westminster Coronavirus (COVID-19) - advice and information pages
The COVID-19 vaccine is a safe, effective way to protect ourselves from coronavirus.
The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) issued its NHS guidance on which groups of people will be eligible for its free 2023 winter vaccination programme, announcing that otherwise healthy Britons between the ages of 50 and 64 will no longer receive free Covid-19 booster doses.
The JCVI said its advice was now to offer the vaccine to “those at high risk of serious disease” who are “most likely to benefit from” it, including
- residents in a care home for older adults,
- people over the age of 65,
- those aged six months to 64 in clinical risk groups,
- frontline health and social care workers,
- people aged 12 to 64 who are carers or household contacts of people with immunosuppression.
NHS England will confirm details on how and when eligible people can access the autumn booster vaccine shortly, and anyone invited – including those yet to have their first jab – are urged to come forward as soon as possible
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) have approved the private sale of Covid booster shots which could be available later this year or next year to those who are not in the above groups.
Free tests for COVID-19 from the NHS has now ended for most people in England.
You can purchase Lateral Flow Tests from pharmacies and testing companies. Examples of High St pharmacies who can supply tests in-store or online are:
- Boots is selling a single test for £2, a pack of two LFTs for £3.95 and a pack of five for £9.80.
- Superdrug is selling a single test for £1.99.
- Lloyds Pharmacy is selling single tests for £1.89 or up to a pack of five for £9.29
- Superdrug Pharmacy are selling a single test at £1.99 and a pack of five costing £9.79
- Tesco Pharmacy will be selling LFTs in 1,500 Tesco stores across the UK, starting at £2
- Morrisons Pharmacy is selling single lateral flow tests for £1.75
Direct Payment information
These pages offer information and advice on employing Personal Assistants during this pandemic.
How to protect yourself
The latest information and advice from the NHS website: