Support in a power cut
If you need extra support during a power cut or know someone (maybe a relative, neighbour, patient or friend) who might need this extra support, especially in cold weather, you may be entitled to free help from UK Power Networks.
Who can get support?
If you live in a UK Power Networks area you can apply if:
- you are dependent on medical equipment
- you are chronically sick
- you have a disability
- you are blind or visually impaired
- you have a hearing impairment or who are deaf
- have a young baby
- you are elderly
- you run a nursing or residential home
- What support can you get?
What support can you get?
Your power may not be restored more quickly but you will receive:
- a priority phone number that you can call 24 hours a day if you have a power cut
- a welcome pack with useful advice about preparing for a power cut
- regular text messages or phone updates during a power cut
- extra support from the British Red Cross to visit your home (if you agree)
How to apply
Priority Services Coordinator,
UK Power Networks,
Email : email@example.com
Call : 0800 31 63 105
Who are UK Power Networks?
UK Power Networks own and maintain electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England. You don't pay your electricity bills to UK Power Networks. Your electricity supplier is the company you choose to buy your electricity from, and who you pay your bills to.