Sexual and reproductive health services
Anyone who has unprotected sex can catch a sexually transmitted infection (STI) no matter what their age, so it's important to find out how to avoid infection, how to get tested or treated, and how to protect your sexual health.
STIs affect one in nine people and are caused by viruses and bacteria passed on during sexual intercourse. Many are easily treated, but some (including HIV) are not. If you are experiencing symptoms you should attend one of the Genito-Urinary Medicine (GUM) clinics with 'walk-in' facilities at the following locations:
Many STIs have no symptoms in this case you should attend CNWL. Their services include screening for sexually transmitted infections including HIV and access to a range of routine contraceptive methods, including LARC.
The main clinic locations are listed below. It is an appointment based service with walk-in for urgent cases
- Crowther market, North End Road SW6 1NH
- Woodfield Road, 7E Woodfield Road W9 3XZ
- Raymede Clinic, St Charles Hospital, Exmoor Street, W10 6DZ
Patients can book online or over the phone: 020 3317 5252
SASH (Support and Advice on Sexual Health)
SASH supports residents to improve behaviour, attitudes, and knowledge around reproductive & sexual health. It also supports residents to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
What does SASH provide?
- Counselling to support diverse and under-represented communities
- Dedicated support available for people living with HIV, young people (15+), LGBTQ+ residents, Black, Asian Minority Ethnic groups, women and young girls, people affected by domestic abuse.
- Staff located in GUM services and other health settings to remove barriers for referrals and engagement
- structured behaviour change coaching; peer mentoring programme and support groups to reduce social isolation and complementary therapies
- Online support to improve self-management including taking medication, encouraging behaviour change and signposting to other services
SASH operates out of:
How to access the service
Contacting the commissioners
If you would like to speak to the commissioning team at the council regarding any of the services that have been commissioned within Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7641 4666