It aims to ensure that people can remain living independently in their own home. Floating support can help you resolve a housing crisis and improve your skills and confidence to take control of your life and make your own decisions.
The service you receive may differ slightly from borough to borough, but some of the things they can help you with are:
- helping you with moving into new accommodation and setting up a tenancy
- working with you around any problems you are facing in your home which may lead you to becoming homeless
- working with you to learn new skills to help you live independently
- working with you to make sure you are receiving all your benefits
- helping you to find out what is going on in your local area that you might what to get involved with
- helping you with getting back to work
- helping you access physical and mental health services, and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Floating support services cannot help you with any personal care or domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, DIY or gardening.
Nor can they provide you with any counselling or befriending support.
Floating support is available to vulnerable people who need help with housing issues and live in independent accommodation in Hammersmith & Fulham, Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea.
Vulnerable people could include people experiencing any of the following difficulties:
- mental health difficulties
- alcohol or drug dependency
- people with a physical disability
- people with a sensory impairment
- people living with HIV and AIDS
- learning disability or a learning difficulty
- young people at risk
- young people leaving care
- older people
- a history of homelessness
- offenders and people at risk of offending and domestic violence.
This list is not a complete list and may change slightly from borough to borough.
Hammersmith & Fulham
You can find more information about the Hammersmith & Fulham Floating Support and download the application form. Complete and return this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below.
Housing floating support service
1st Floor, 145 King Street
Telephone: 020 8753 1437
Opening hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
If you would like further information, then contact :
Westminster Floating Support
2nd Floor, 55 Bondway
Telephone: 020 7619 2630 / 0800 840 8348
Kensington & Chelsea
Please complete the referral form and return by email to SIT@rbkc.gov.uk or post it to the address below.
Ground floor reception
Kensington Town Hall
Phone: 020 7361 4222